1. Be fair – be fair to yourself, your family, peers, supervisors, etc. If you focus on being fair, you’ll generally make the best decision available. Some decisions are not set in stone, they change depending on circumstances therefore remain fair to make the best decision.
2. Earn everything – anything you work hard for, you tend to appreciate more. Don’t wait on favors and hand outs. Earn your way, earn your opportunities, earn people’s respect and love, earn your reputation. Realize that just because you are not given the opportunity it doesn’t always mean that you haven’t earned it. Nevertheless, default on the possibility that you haven’t earned it yet.
3. Trust the universe, intuition and your gut. This doesn’t mean to not use logic, knowledge and common sense. It simply means to listen and trust that there’s something larger than us at work.
4. Self Responsibility, the moment you become obsessed with taking responsibility for everything in your life is the moment life begins to evolve in ways you thought were impossible. If you know better, do better.
5. Purposely seek Inspiration, what stirs your soul. Is it a book, poem, music, giving back, service, or an audiobook? Maybe it’s a great combination of them all. Wayne dyer explains to be inspired is to be in spirit rather than embody, in body. I love that perspective. When you’re inspired, you’re awake and energized by a different source than usual. Be inspired.
6. Carry higher standards than anyone you know. High standards are a sign of virtue, maturity and independence. Expect the best for you and from you, always. You are not always going to win but you’ll train and work harder than anyone else. To have high standards you’re going to have to be disciplined and a ridiculously hard worker and that’s ok.
7. Be positive at all cost. Life will happen, but it is so true that what you think of gets realized. Be positive and life will be mostly positive. What you focus on is all you see, the rest becomes background noise, unimportant.
8. What can you do today to grow?
9. What can you do to make today truly matter?
10. What can you do to become a better father, son, husband, employee, employer, human being today?
11. How can I become more humble today?
12. Can I serve and help someone today?
13. The answers are usually in the questions you ask yourself.
14. How you do anything is how you do everything.
15. Time is on our side. In the past people succeed without the technology and the convenient lifestyle we have now. Their 24 hrs is our 6 hrs if we are discipline enough to be productive. This means we actually have 21 work days plus 6 hours of sleep each day every week. How much can you achieve with that much time? Ed Myllet says to do this for 90 days and your life will be unrecognizable
16. Warren Buffett reads six hours a day. We all make a million decisions a day, but are they informed decisions? Do they come from a place of clarity, wisdom, facts and knowledge? Or are you making decisions after a Netflix marathon, a night of partying, an hour of watching sports or the news? Invest in you and what comes from you will make a positive difference in not only your life but also in the life’s of so many people.
17. Success is owed by you daily. You don’t succeed ones and you’re done. You have to pay the rent for success daily. Show up and add value at high level, show up with a great attitude every day, the best at your craft every day. Success is leased not owned.
18. Take a chance on yourself. Go all in on you. You have all the know how you need to change your life, but be sure you dig in deep and do everything you can, need to and be willing to stand your ground for a long time. Arthur Williams said “All you can do is all you can do, But all you can do is enough.” I’ll add, just be sure you’re doing All you can do!
19. To be continued…